HORIZON 2020 – The new Framework Programme for Research and Innovation 2014 - 2020
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market.
Fulbright Scholar Program
The Application Deadline is October 15th annually.
The Fulbright Scholar Program offers research opportunities at the U.S. universities and research institutions for scholars, researchers and other professionals for a period from 3 to 9 months. The Fulbright Scholar Program targets scholars and teaching faculty, who are either teaching at higher education institutions or are affiliated with academic, research, or cultural institutions, including libraries, archives and museums, or with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations). Fulbright Scholar Program is designed for those, who have received a post-graduate academic degree (“Kandydat Nauk” or “Doctor Nauk”) or who will receive their “Kandydat Nauk” degree before the grant’s beginning – September 1st, 2015, and for researchers who have equivalent experience not less than 5 years.
Eligible Fields of study: humanities and social sciences, hard sciences, technology, and engineering.
Candidates, who research in such fields as political science and public administration, in particular development of democracy and civil society, are able to choose the Kennan Institute in Washington as their research affiliation. Grant length is 6 months and starts from September 1st or March 1st.
Residence in Ukraine during the application process;
English language skills that are strong enough to study or conduct research in a U.S. university;
Fulbright Grantees enter the United States on an Exchange Visitor (J-1) visa under the Department of State program and are subject to the 2-year home-country residence requirement associated with the J-1 visa;
*You or your family members are not an employee of the US Embassy, Fulbright Program, or other US mission in Ukraine supported by the US Department of State. This restriction applies for one year following termination of said employment.
**Candidates applying for or holding or hold a permanent residence in the United stated and candidates who have resided in the United States for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application are ineligible for a grant.
***For those candidates who have already traveled to the U.S. on a J-1 visa, there is a minimum requirement of a 2 year home-country residence period in Ukraine at the time of submitting the application.
Program length is from 3 to 9 months. The program is a non-degree academic program that provides opportunities to Ukrainian scholars and professionals to pursue scholarly work in the U.S.; to establish new contacts with academic and professional colleagues in the U.S.; to develop collaborative research relations with U.S. scholars and professionals and through the Fulbright community with scholars all over the world. Grant recipients will have free and open use of their host institution’s resources including library resources to enhance their knowledge, gather literature unavailable in Ukraine, and to revise to create new scholarly publications.
roundtrip transportation to and from the U.S.;
How to Apply:
By October 15th the candidate must submit a document package which includes:
the completed online application form;
curriculum vitae (CV);
3 letters of recommendation;
Letter of invitation from host institution.
Applicants must submit a detailed project statement and curriculum vitae both in Ukrainian and English.
Criteria of Review:
evidence of appropriate scholarly achievement;
demonstrated commitment to research, teaching, curriculum development, and expansion of course contents;
likelihood of implementation of new methods or approaches in a professional setting;
likelihood of immediate continuation of academic or professional work;
potential for active cooperation with U.S. and Ukrainian colleagues in projects that could have a major impact on Ukrainian educational and scientific policy and practice;
evidence of community commitment in and outside of academia.
Stages of the Selection Process:
The selection process will consider the candidate’s professional achievements, feasibility of the proposed project, and benefits of the project to the grantee’s field and to its continued development and/or impact in Ukraine.
first screening of applications is done by the Fulbright Program in Ukraine. Applications are reviewed for completeness and candidate eligibility (October 2015);
American and Ukrainian area experts review approved applications and recommend semi-finalists (November 2015);
semi-finalists are invited to an interview conducted in English before a selection committee composed of U.S. and Ukrainian scholars and officials (mid-December 2015);
the selection committee recommends finalists and alternates to the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board for the final decision (April-May 2016);
The Fulbright finalists will be approved by the Board of Fulbright Supervisors (BFS). The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) will make the final decision about the placement at the U.S. universities or scientific insitutions in accordance with candidates’ academic and scientific interests and professional plans.
The submission deadline is October 15th annually.
Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden
We are pleased to announce the scholarship competition for semester study at the Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden (East Bavarian Technical University of Applied Sciences in Amberg and Weiden).
The scholarship is offered to Year 2 and Year 3 students enrolled in Bachelor programs.
There are 2 scholarships available of €1500 each for a 6-month period of study (about €250 a month).
The competition is open to the students of the following faculties/institutes:
• Institute of Physics, Technology, and Computer Sciences
• Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
• Faculty of Economics
• Department of Journalism at the Faculty of Philology
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must:
• be students of the abovementioned faculties;
• have a good command of German (levels B1-B2 or higher);
• have high academic performance
• CV (Europass);
• a copy of the first page of the international passport;
• motivational letter in German (no longer than one A4 page);
• study plan (Learning Agreement);
• German language certificate at level B2 or higher;
• current course enrollment verification letter;
• the transcript with the list all courses taken, the grades received and the credits gained (Transcript of Records)
The scanned documents (in a single PDF file) must be emailed to the Office of International Affairs no later than 25 May 2017 (23:59) at: email@example.com.
The subject line of the email must be in English and contain the following: OTH_STIPENDIUM
Any documents submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
ChNU will nominate all the students who meet the requirements of the competition, and the East Bavarian Technical University of Applied Sciences will make the final selection of 2 students for the exchange program.
The International Parliamentary Scholarship (IPS) 2018
Would you like to get an internship at the German Bundestag? The German Bundestag, together with the Freie University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin and Technical University of Berlin offer 120 scholarships to graduates of higher education institutions from the countries of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe, France, Israel, USA and the Arab world who are interested in politics within the framework of “The International Parliamentary Scholarship”.
“The International Parliamentary Scholarship” is set up for talented young people who strive to work actively toward the implementation of democratic values in their home country, for instance, by getting involved in party work, media, civic societies or state service. The German Bundestag provides such people with an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the parliamentary system and the process of making political decisions in Germany as well as obtain practical experience in the sphere of parliamentary activity during a 15-week internship at the office of one of Bundestag’s deputies.
The preconditions to submitting documents for the scholarship from Ukrainian candidates:
• Ukrainian citizenship;
• date of birth after 1.3.1988;
• higher eduaction diploma;
• fluency in German (at least B2 level according to the General European recommendations on language education);
• great interest in political and social processes as well as in the history of Germany;
• civic engagement.
The participants receive monthly stipend of 500 euros.
In addition, medical insurance expenses in case of an illness, accident insurance and insurance of civic responsibility are provided, as well as expenses for administrative and social fees. The participants are provided with free housing for the whole duration of the internship and transportation and relocation expenses to and from Berlin are reimbursed.
The program runs from March 1st to July 31st 2018. Applications for the scholarship are accepted through June 30th 2017.
Additional information about the program and the required forms can be found on the internet page of the German Bundestag: http://www.bundestag.de/europa_internationales/internat_austausch/ips/ukraine/245060
Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu - National-Louis University
We invite you to join the group, organized for the internship program “Organization of the Educational Process, Training Programs, Innovative Technologies and Scientific Work” hosted by Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University in Poland.
Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University
(ul. Zielona 27 33-300 Nowy Sącz, Małopolska )
A 12 days of combined full time and distant form of training, 108 hours of classroom and out of class
activities, including distance work, January 9-20, 2018.
January 09 – January 16 – distance work
January 17-20 – Full time internship at the Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University in Poland.
PROGRAM OF INTERNSHIP
Module 1. Organization of the educational process and student preparation program at Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University (36 hours of classroom and out-of- class work).
- Faculties and student training programs at Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University.
- Organization of the educational process at Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University.
- Peculiarities of obtaining a second US diploma.
4.Internationalization of the educational process and the possibility of obtaining a higher education at Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University for students from other countries.
Module 2. Innovation technologies, scientific, methodological and informational support of the educational process (36 hours of classroom and out-of-class work).
- Use of innovative technologies in the educational process.
- Academic mobility of students as an organic part of the educational process at the university.
- Scientific and methodological achievements of the university.
- Lectures, practice and seminars in the areas of training (demonstration classes).
Module 3. Science as basis of the educational process (36 hours of classroom and out-of- class work).
- The experience of scientific work of Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University.
- Scientific projects and scientific editions of Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University.
- Students scientific work and research priorities.
- University repository and work with electronic library fund.
The distance training of the internship program (from 9 to 16 January) includes:
- Studying the organizational structure of the university and training through access to the official website of the university.
- Acquaintance with copies of educational and methodological supplies for educational process (will be sent to participants of internship by e-mail).
- Studying the experience of distance education and passing a distance course on a subject of choice (a list of subjects and an access code is provided).
- Work with university repository and electronic library fund (electronic access code is provided).
- Acquaintance with copies of virtual lecture courses in different disciplines presented by university teachers.
The full-time part of the internship program
(from January 17 till January 20)
includes presentation of the university, direct acquaintance with equipment and educational facilities of the university, classroom and out-of-classroom activities in accordance with the content of the internship program, consultations, scientific discussions, work with the library funds of the university.
GENERAL SCHEDULE OF TRANSFER AND FULL-TIME TRAINING
1 day January 17th Wednesday.
7.00 departure from Lviv.
Moving to New Sacz.
Registration. University presentation.
Accomodation at the hotel.
Free time. Overnight at the hotel.
2-d day January 18th. Thursday.
14.00-14.30 Coffee break.
14.00-17.00. Independent out-of-class work.
Free time. Overnight at the hotel.
3-d day January 19th Friday.
14.00-14.30 Coffee break.
Free time. Overnight at the hotel.
4-th day January 20th. Saturday.
Breakfast. Checking out of the hotel.
Completion of the internship.
Moving to Lviv. Return to Lviv until 19.00.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participation is possible only in the organized group. The cost of the internship includes only internships (presentations, various classes and consultations), a university certificate of internship (108 hours) and an internship program. A copy of the certificate and the application is sent to the interested person.
Registration of business trips takes place on the official invitation of Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National-Louis University.
The travel company “Algol” (www.algol.com.ua) provides the transfer, accommodation and organization of the free time of the participants of the internship.
The tour operator’s services include a shuttle service with a comfortable bus on a definite route, accommodation in a three-star hotel (three nights) with breakfast in double rooms, and a health insurance policy for the period of the tour. (Organization of accommodation in a single room is also possible for an additional fee on the account of the tour operator “Algol”).
The tour operator provides a relevant contract for services. Each participant concludes an individual agreement for servicing with the tour operator “Algol”.
Internship participants can take accompanying persons. Accompanying persons pay only the cost of the tour operator’s services.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All those who plan to participate in the internship must send an application and a scanned copy of the first turn of the passport to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
till November 25, 2017!
For more information call:
Irina Maksimenko – information concerning organized departure from Ukraine,
tel: +38 (095) 105 50 66, e-mail: email@example.com
Iwona Kawka, Współpracy Zagranicznej Office – Information on the internship in Poland,
Call for Lithuanian State scholarships for 2018/2019 academic year
DEADLINE: 1st of March 2018.
The scholarship is named as “Short term (1-2 semesters) studies“: http://stipendijos.lt/en/the-call-for-applications-for-2018-2019-short-term-studies-is-now-open-1
Students who apply for 1 or 2 semester studies to MRU from ChNU with at least B2 level of English language proficiency (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) are ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARHIPS.
I. FINANCIAL PROVISIONS of the State Scholarship
• Candidates approved for the short–term studies will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 380 EUR. For a period of studies according to academic calendar at MRU (Autumn semester – from 27 August, 2018 till 27 January, 2019 OR Spring semester – from 28 January, 2019 till 30 June, 2019 OR for all academic year – from 27 August, 2018 till 30 June, 2019) The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
• Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
• The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania.
• Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
• Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
II. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to apply for State scholarship
The candidates must provide the copies of the listed documents through online application system:
1. Completed application form (through online application system);
2. The Conditional Agreement for Studies (the form must be added to the application form as an attachment using this template form – it must be completely filled in and signed by three parties: candidate, a responsible person at the sending and receiving institutions). Recommendations for filling out the Conditional Agreement;); of course, we WILL HELP your students who apply as exchange or free-mover (visiting) student to MRU to complete this conditional agreement for studies.
3. One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer (provided through online application system or added to the application form as an attachment using this template form).
4. Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language required by the host institution). TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university’s professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable. Required additional documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian language only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
III. IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for the online application submission is 1st of March, 2018. Regarding additional documents – please add all required documents to the application form through online application system. Online application system will be closed at 11.59 p.m. Central European time (GMT+1) on the 1st March, 2018.
2nd of May, 2018 – e-mail notification will be sent regarding the results of all short-term studies in Lithuania.
All information about exchange studies at Mykolas Romeris University are on our web-site: http://www.mruni.eu/en/prospective_students/erasmus/
If you have any questions about application procedure (for exchange studies at MRU and for a Lithuanian State scholarship), do not hesitate to contact us by e-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org (coordinator of incoming students) or email@example.com (international mobility office of MRU) .