MEETING ON CORONAVIRUS INFECTION IN CHERNIVTSI
On March 5, at the Red Hall of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, representatives of the Rectorate held a meeting with the deputy deans of the faculties and institutes of the university, heads of dormitories and representatives of the campus. The main topic of discussion is the spread of coronavirus infection and ways to prevent it from spreading.
To date, only one case of coronavirus disease has been recorded in Chernivtsi, which is completely controlled by qualified specialists. The other three cases reported by the media are the result of panic. These hospitalized people were not diagnosed with coronavirus. In particular, it is important to know about effective preventive measures, as well as what to do in case of suspected disease.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Everyday preventive actions will help to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Any information on this subject must be from reliable sources (official websites of the Ministry of Health, Public Health Centers in Chernivtsi, Department of Health of Chernivtsi Regional State Administration, etc.). 24-HOUR HOTLINE: 0660849313.