UNIVERSITY DAY – 2018: CELEBRATION PROGRAMME
October 4, Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University celebrated its 143 anniversary.
The official opening took place in the Marble Hall of the Residence.
The representatives of the following partner universities took part in celebration of this occasion:
– delegation of West AnHui University headed by the President of the university, prof. Kon Min;
– delegation of the University of Applied Sciences in Lubeck (Germany) headed by the Provost, prof. Franke Schwarze;
– delegation of the University in Gratz (Austria) headed by the Director of the Institute of National Economics, prof. Richard Strum;
– Director of UMCS Center for Eastern Europe Prof. dr hab. Walenty Baluk;
– Director of Fil.Dr. Jan-U. Sandal Institute, prof. Jan Urban Sandal;
– delegation of Vytautas Magnus University, headed by the Director of the Center For Lithuanian Studies, prof. Vilma Leonaviche;
– delegation of Ştefan cel Mare University of Suceava, represented by the Rector, prof. Dimian Mihai, Vice-Rector, prof. Stefan Purych and prof. Andrian Graur;
The following officials were present at the celebration: Head of State Chernivtsi Administration Oleksandr Fyschuk, Speaker of Chernivtsi Oblast Council Ivan Muntian, Secretary of Chernivtsi City Council Vasyl Prodan, Head of the Department of Education and Science, Chernivtsi Oblast State Administration Oksana Paliichuk.
It is recognized that our University has a tradition to award international professors with the degree of “Honorary Doctor” of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University for their contribution into the development of the university, cooperation, and development of international collaboration.
This year, in accordance with the decision of the University Academic Council, the degree “Honorary Doctor” of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University was awarded to Slávka Tomaščíková – Head of the Center for British and American Studies, Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice and Klaus Ofermann – Head of the Department of Environmental Engineering, University of Applied Sciences in Lubeck.